The Door County Half Marathon and Nicolet Bay 5K has partnered with Going Garbage & Recycling to collect old running shoes in the Go Run and Recycle program. Over 2,300 pounds of shoes have been donated for recycling through the program in the first four years of the program.
Join our efforts!
Bring your worn out running shoes to be recycled into sorbent material by Wipers Recycling, after which it will be used to clean up oil spills. A recycling container will be located at Packet Pickup on Friday and in the Runners’ Concourse on race day.
The drop-off locations and the dates are as follows:
• Going Garbage & Recycling, 10564 Old Stage Road, Sister Bay (April 21 – May 16)
• Gibraltar High School, 3924 Highway 42, Fish Creek (May 1-9)
• Door County Half Marathon Packet Pickup, Ephraim Village Hall, 9996 Water Street, Ephraim (Friday, May 2, 1 – 9 pm)
• Door County Half Marathon Race Day, Nicolet Bay Beach Area in Peninsula State Park (May 3)
• Northern Door YMCA, 3866 Gibraltar Road, Fish Creek (May 1-9)
People with gently used shoes are encouraged to donate them to local charitable organizations.